Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Update

We finally have a diagnosis.  They have determined that I have BOTH cholestasis, which is a rare liver disease caused by pregnancy, and pre-eclampsia, which is more serious.  What are the odds of having both of these conditions during the same pregnancy?  Pretty darn rare (lucky me).  This means I will not be going home before this baby arrives.  The plan now is to monitor me closely and induce at the first sign of stress for the baby, if my blood pressure gets too high or when I reach 37ish weeks (each doctor seems to have their own specific time frame).  And they will not stop labor again if he decides to come on his own.  Honestly, I think the latter is most likely since I have been having sporadic contractions since I've been here.

After my last pregnancy, we went through great lengths to make sure that we weren't at a greater risk for the same thing happening again.  My biggest fear was being stuck in the hospital and away from Mason for an extended period of time.  Unfortunately, our bad luck continues and here we are for a completely different reason.  At least I am farther along this time (35 weeks today) and looking at a much shorter hospital stay.  I pray that the same goes for the baby.  Chris has been wonderful and my mom has graciously moved in to our house for the time being to help with Mason and whatever we need.

Thanks for every one's thoughts and prayers!  I'm not gonna lie, this is going to be tough and I'm already anxious on my third day here.  But if I had any doubt that God wasn't looking out for us, here is the daily devotional sent by our church Pastor just this morning.  It will definitely help me get through the days ahead.

Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters;...

In God's presence, find the calm you need to face each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment