Sunday, April 22, 2012

Here we go again...

It looks like Baby H2 wants to have a dramatic entry into this world just like his older brother did.  I am currently at Northside Hospital being monitored for complications.  I thought I had a stomach bug last week, then Thursday night, I started itching VERY badly at night - especially my feet.  I called the doctor on Friday after doing a little google research and they ran some blood tests.  He called Saturday evening and wanted me to come to the hospital for a 'quick' stress test on the baby because my liver enzymes were elevated.  When I arrived, my blood pressure was high and I started having strong contractions, so they kept me overnight and gave me a shot to stop labor (which luckily worked)

I'm 34 1/2 weeks, which is 2 weeks more than when I delivered Mason.  Ideally, we'd like to get 2 more weeks, but we'll see what this little guy wants to do.  The plan for now is to monitor me another day to rule out pre-eclampsia and then send me home on bed rest for the duration of the pregnancy with close monitoring (and I'd probably be induced a few weeks early).

We appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers.  Just as last time, I know we're in the best place we can be and me and baby will receive the best possible care.  I guess I kind of had a mother's intuition that something was about to happen because I have been in nesting freak-out mode the past week.  Even being sick, I was able to get a lot done last week to prepare for this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment