Sunday, May 30, 2010

Halfway there?

I can't believe I've been in the hospital for 3 full weeks! I'll be 31 weeks pregnant tomorrow. The best case scenario is delivering at 34 weeks, which is still 3 weeks away, so we're halfway there! Everything continues to look good on our daily monitoring and the doctors and nurses are pleasantly surprised that we've made it this far. Apparently, 75% of women go into labor within a week after an early rupture.

I'm so happy the baby has had these 3 weeks to grow and I'm trying not to complain, but this is so much harder than I ever imagined. I wish I had a fast forward button to get me through the next few weeks! As most of you know, I am not the kind of person who enjoys sitting around doing nothing. Chris has been wonderful. He's spending a lot of time with me at the hospital and putting up with my constant demands for food and other necessities (and with no complaints :-).

I hope everyone is enjoying the long holiday weekend. Happy Memorial day and let's all take a moment to remember those who lost their lives for our country. And I hope the next 3 weeks fly by!

1 comment:

  1. Callen,
    I am so happy things are going well for you, Chris and Little Henry. Your blog is great. I read the whole thing. You hand in there and it will all be worth it. Kids are just the BEST. Especially for the grandparents. Like they say, Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your own children. When you really think about it that is true.. HA!!!!!

    PAM BARRETT

    ReplyDelete