Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 7 Update

I'm on day 7 in the hospital on total bed rest, which surprisingly has gone by pretty quickly. The first few days were critical to keep me from going into labor, so we were relieved to make it through that. Now I am being monitored very closely for any signs of infection or labor. The baby's heartrate is monitored several times a day and so far he has been very stable. I also have twice a week ultrasounds to check his movement and fluid levels and they have looked as good as to be expected. I still feel him move around quite a bit, so the low fluid doesn't seem to bother him too much. I think we're going to have a tough little guy!

So, how am I passing the time? It's hard to get a good night's sleep in the hospital with the nurses checking on you every few hours, so I try to nap throughout the day. I also watch a lot of TV, a few movies and I have my laptop for web surfing, although it's difficult to comfortably use the computer in bed. I also have tons of magazines, books and I'm attempting to knit again (which reminded me why I quit - I'm not very good at it). I'm finally feeling up to having visitors and they have a few activities on the floor that I'm trying to participate in.

We're so blessed that our little one has so many people who care about him before he is even here. I'm prepared to be here for the long haul, so hopefully he will have at least a few more weeks to grow and mature. In the meantime, the doctors and nurses are taking great care of me and Chris has been spending a lot of time with me keeping me sane and fetching anything I need :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! One week down. Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so proud of you! I know it hasn't been easy, but it will all be worth it! There are lots & lots of prayers going out for you, Chris, and Baby H. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are doing well! We all miss you and hope that you and baby H continue to do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear that you are doing well. Keep posting...we are checking this daily for updates on you! :)

    ReplyDelete