Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our fur-kids


Nothing new to report with Baby H - he continues to grow and kick. I'm really enjoying my second trimester and feeling great! Shadow and I have been enjoying some long walks now that the weather is warming up, so I thought it would be a good time to introduce our fur-kids. I'm sure there will be some adjustment after the baby arrives, but they are an important part of our family.

Shadow is our sweet labra-chessie. We adopted her after we got married when she was 9 months old. She is a perfect companion and wants nothing more than to be with us. Her nickname is the 'love-hog' because she loves to snuggle. She doesn't understand that 85 lbs is a bit large to be a lap dog. She's getting older now and is almost completely gray in the face, but she still loves to swim and retrieve more than anything. Shadow is extremely patient and gentle with children and she is going to be a wonderful big sister!

Beau is my big, fluffy cat that I adopted soon after I graduated from college. He is extremely attached to me and is the most affectionate cat I've ever known. He and Chris tolerate each other, but he is definitely my cat. Beau was not thrilled about having to share me when we got Shadow, but he adjusted and now they get along very well.

I am a huge advocate for pet adoption. There are many great organizations where you can find a lifelong companion in need of a loving home. I find it hard to believe that both of my angels were unwanted at some point in their lives. Adopt, don't buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment