Monday, March 8, 2010

The Dancing Baby

During our early ultrasounds, it was pretty obvious we had an active baby. He/she was dancing all over the place and several ultrasound techs commented that the little peanut wouldn't stay still. I've been patiently waiting for when I would feel all of those movements and kicks and I think it's official! Right on schedule at 19 weeks! I actually started feeling a little 'fluttering' over a week ago, but I wasn't 100% sure that's what it was. It's getting stronger and now I'm certain I'm feeling Baby H dancing around. It seems to be more noticeable after a meal. And today, I discovered the baby seems to share my obsession for Jelly Belly jelly beans (yumm - my favorite). I snacked on some this afternoon and I've been getting kicked non-stop for hours. Baby's first sugar high?

Stay tuned later this week!! We have an ultrasound on Friday and if things go as planned (i.e. the baby cooperates and we don't change our minds and decide to wait), we will find out if Baby H is a boy or a girl! Hurry up and post your guesses in the 'comments' now!

And here's my first belly shot - taken at 18 weeks - just one day after the first 'stranger' asked if I was pregnant (the cashier at Kroger). When I told her I was, she responded with 'I thought you looked plump'. Oh well...

4 comments:

  1. Yay! So excited about your blog! I love the belly pic! It will be fun to compare them every few weeks. You won't recognize yourself!

    I'm predicting...boy! No- girl! I actually have no idea, but I'll go with boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've felt all along it is a "boy", although I'd like to see ya'll have a "girl"! Either way, we'll all be thrilled!! (Please Chris don't change your mind on Friday....this is a "baby", not a Christmas present!!) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say boy boy boy! Kieran needs a future partner in crime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, we didn't get too many guesses, but for the record, I'm also thinking boy (changed my guess from girl after our last ultrasound - I'm convinced I 'see' something :-) We'll hopefully find out in a few hours!

    ReplyDelete