Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oh BOY!!

It's about to get a LOT more interesting at our house! We had our 16 week ultrasound yesterday and confirmed that we will be welcoming another baby BOY!!! We suspected as much after our 12 week ultrasound, but now there is no doubt! Most importantly, the baby is growing and all vital organs look very healthy. I feel great - just a little tired, but that is probably more from chasing around a very active toddler. Given my history, the perinatologist will continue to monitor me every 4 weeks for a while. I'm also getting weekly progesterone shots, which have been proven to reduce the risk of preterm labor. We don't plan to see this baby before May 30th! Someone please remind me of this when I am huge and uncomfortable...

I'm thrilled that Mason will have a little brother, especially since they will be pretty close in age. Mason 2.0 (as Chris has nicknamed him) is due exactly 1 week before Mason's second birthday. I know it will be a lot of fun, but I'm also getting tired just thinking about it! Mason has gotten SO active the past few months - he is full of energy and never slows down. And soon I'll be chasing 2!!

Here is our little peanut at our 12 week ultrasound.
And a face shot from yesterday at almost 16 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo!!! We are sooooo thrilled!!! As much as I would have loved a little girl, I'm so happy that my precious Mason will have a little brother!! Uncle Lamar ALWAYS wanted a brother (only Mom & Dad didn't think they could afford another child). It will be so fun to watch Mason and "Baby H2" share that special bond! Congrats Callen & Chris!!

    ReplyDelete