Monday, May 7, 2012

Welcome to the world Matthew!


Matthew Martin Henretty was born Sunday, 5/6 at 8:12 am.  Despite being just shy of 37 weeks, he weighed in at 7 lbs, 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.  He was given a clean bill of health and did not have to visit the NICU or transition nursery at all!  Chris and I are very blessed and happy to welcome him into our family!  I know Mason will be a wonderful big brother and they will be great friends in the years to come.

The plan was to induce me on Wednesday when he was 37 weeks, but apparently the super moon on Saturday encouraged him to come a few days early (and I'm not complaining :-).  My water broke in the middle of the night and I had a very quick labor to deliver on Sunday morning.  Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers over the past few weeks.  It has not been easy, but we are so blessed to have a healthy baby boy.  Hopefully we will all be going home tomorrow!  This picture was taken with my phone, but I think he really looks like Mason.  I'll add better pictures when we get home.

1 comment:

  1. He is so handsome and a joy to meet at last. Congratulations to you both! We are all anxious to meet him your next visit to Montgomery. Much love and God bless you both. Emilie

    ReplyDelete