Monday, August 1, 2011

Is it really August?


They say time flies when you're having fun and we are certainly having a fun summer with our little man. I just love this stage! I'm amazed at how quickly he is learning and growing, but I also want him to slow down just a little! He seems to change weekly and I know it's just a matter of time before I have a little boy instead of a baby. Here's what Mason is up to these days...

He's not quite walking, but 'cruising' everywhere and walking with some push toys. He can also stand on his own for a few seconds and is very proud of himself when he does. In the meantime, he is fast as lightening with his 'crab walk'. Yes, he still refuses to use both knees while crawling, but it has made him quite popular at his school. I had a teacher I've never met before stop to tell me how funny it was and that she stopped by his classroom because 'she heard she had to see it'. Great - my child is a circus side show :-)

He's very good with his sippy cup as you can see from the pictures. We still give him a bottle (milk or juice - no more formula) in the morning and bedtime, but we'll probably transition to all sippy cups soon. He's also doing better with 'real' food, although he is pretty picky.

He is still a talker! Mostly in his own language, but we are starting to recognize a few words. He's definitely got 'mama' and 'dada'. He loves saying 'bye-bye' (bah-bah) while waving, although not usually when we tell him to. And we recently picked up on what we believe is 'doggie' (dah-HEE) and 'kitty' (ke-HEE).

No comments:

Post a Comment