Friday, August 6, 2010

On the home stretch

Mason has had a great week! He was changed to 'on-demand' feedings, which means he decides how much and when he wants to eat. He is very happy to be in charge! He has definitely found his voice (just in time as I predicted :-) and is very impatient when he's hungry. He is also gaining weight and was officially 7 lbs as of Thursday night. Right now, we are planning for a Sunday discharge!! Even though he hasn't had any problems this week, his doctor decided it was best to play it safe and keep him the suggested 7 days to monitor for apnea. Chris and I are so excited to finally be planning to bring our baby home! I feel confident that he'll make it home on Sunday, however, I'm trying to remember what one of his nurses told us several weeks ago, "Don't count on anything until he's in the car and you're halfway home!". Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Here's a few close up pics of my handsome boy (without any tubes - yay!)

1 comment:

  1. I can't help but agree with the nurse. I'll believe it when it happens! But I sure have my fingers crossed! And just can't wait to "hold" that sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete