Sunday, May 8, 2011

First 'Real' Mother's Day

First of all, we want to wish a VERY Happy Mother's Day to both of the special moms in our life. Mom, you made it look so easy growing up and now I know that it isn't always easy! I guess all that practice paid off because y'all are the best Nana and Mimi to Mason! We love you both very much!!

Even though today is my first 'official' Mother's Day, last year was my first real test as a mother when my water broke 3 months early ON Mother's Day. That's something I'll never forget... That day began the longest and most stressful 3 months of my life. But what a difference a year makes. I am so blessed and absolutely love every second of being a mom (even those first few rough months). Unfortunately, my sweet boy is sick this weekend, so I am having yet another test of motherhood on my special holiday. Maybe next year I'll get to relax and enjoy it.

Here are both of my 'babies' on Mother's Day. Yes, we still consider Shadow one of our children
My poor baby boy has been fighting a nasty virus all weekend. His fever (and his mood) keeps going up and down. We spent a lot of time napping in the swing.
He was finally feeling better by Sunday afternoon, so we took a nice family stroll to the park for a picnic. What a gorgeous day!
I have no idea what he is doing to daddy, but he thought it was pretty funny.
And a close-up of my sweet 11 month old (already?)
Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends! And especially those trying to become mommies because I know that can be the hardest job in the world, but it's all worth it!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet blog! That's the "best" Mother's Day gift I've ever gotten! Mason is getting so big...and is even "cute" when he's sick! Thank you, Lord, for blessing our wonderful daughter with little Mason...and the "joys" of motherhood!
    Love you, Callen!

    ReplyDelete