Saturday, May 10, 2014

A letter to my two year old


I can't believe my baby turned two years old last week! I am amazed at how much you have grown and matured in the past year. You've always had a strong personality and we see more of your independence every day. You have the kindest heart and always greet the people you love with a HUGE running bear hug. This has gotten you the nickname 'Teddy Bear' by the teachers at school. Anytime someone around you is upset, you try to make them feel better by taking them their favorite toy or giving them a hug. You're cautious to strangers, but are also very social, so it doesn't take long before you are fast friends with new people. You still idolize your big brother and want to do anything the 'big boys' do, but you are also content to play by yourself. Especially in your crib in the mornings when you play and sing until we come to get you up for the day. Speaking of singing, you LOVE to sing! You also love to read and will sit and 'read' by yourself. We can't understand much of it until you get to 'THE END - YAYYY!!!' (I've got to get this on video - it's adorable). I love your snuggles and your belly laugh just melts my heart. I fell in love with your dimples from the moment I met you and I still sometimes tickle you just to catch a glimpse of them. You are very stubborn and the 'terrible twos' have been a challenge, but you're finally learning after a quite a few 'time outs'. You are one tough cookie (I guess you have to be with a big brother). You're always falling down or running into stuff (or getting hit by Mason) and usually just bounce right back up. You are very smart and understand just about everything we say. Your speech is also getting better and we recognize more and more words every day. I knew there would never be a dull moment with two boys, but I can't imagine it any other way and you truly complete our family. We love you sweet boy!

A few two year stats:

  • Weight and height TBD (Dr. appt next week). Though he is wearing the same sizes as Mason (3T) and a larger size shoe.
  • He's a GREAT sleeper!! He goes to bed easy (if we follow the routine) and hasn't woken overnight in months. He always wakes up so happy in the morning and will sing and play in his crib for an hour until we get him.
  • He also a great napper - 2-3 hours every day.
  • A pretty good eater, but kind of picky. He LOVES fruit! He can eat 4-5 bananas a day if I let him.
    Just 2 years ago - time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment