Tuesday, August 21, 2012

St. Simons 2012

We had an amazing week in St. Simons Island, Georgia.  The island is very special for our family because my parents used to have a condo there and Chris and I chose it as our wedding location.  The beaches may not be as beautiful as the gulf, but we love the island lifestyle and history.

We were so happy that both sets of grandparents joined us for a few days.  They were a HUGE help with the boys and allowed Chris and I to spend plenty of time playing with Mason at the beach and pool. We also had a few much appreciated date nights! Obviously, it was Matthew's first trip to the beach.  He spent most of his time indoors snuggling with his Mimi and Nana, but he made a few trips to the sand.  It was Mason's second beach trip and he is finally getting used to the beach and ocean, although his favorite is still the 'pool' which he requested constantly the whole trip.

It was a perfect week and I hope we can make it an annual trip.  I have very fond memories of our annual beach trip to Gulf Shores with my grandmother and cousins and I hope we can do the same as the boys get older.

Warning:  picture overload!  I'm finally learning how to use my fancy new camera!
Mason was brave when the surf was calm
He preferred daddy carrying him in the ocean
Mommy and daddy with their big boy
Playing in the sand (he didn't quite get the sand castle thing yet)
He was happiest 'jumping' in the pool
My tired boy after an afternoon of swimming
The beautiful sunrise I saw every morning (thanks Matthew)
Mason did not like Matthew getting in 'his pool' (he called the ocean the 'big pool')
Another successful family photo!
Playing in the surf
Attempted family photo on the beach.  The sun was very bright.
Mommy and her precious boys
This melts my heart.  Mason was so excited to hold baby Matthew
Baby Matthew putting his feet in the surf
Close-up of Matthew - 3 1/2 months
When it rains at the beach - you blow bubbles!!
Bye Bye Beach - we'll miss you
If you want to see more (and I mean A LOT MORE), here is the link:
https://picasaweb.google.com/chenretty/StSimons2012#

No comments:

Post a Comment