Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cabin Fever

We had a lot of fun in the snow on day 1. However, by day 5 of being iced in... let's just say, we're over it! I finally ventured out of the house on Friday and our road was still pretty dangerous. Things are really thawing on Saturday, so we should be completely back to normal very soon. Mason's daycare has been closed all week long and trying to 'work' at home while watching him has been completely exhausting. I really think I would enjoy being a stay at home mom, but trying to do my 'other' job at the same time was just too much. Thankfully, we'll be back to our normal routine next week. Here are a few pictures from our very long week at home.

We practiced sitting up a lot. He's definitely got it, but for a very short amount of time.
We sat him on the floor in front of the TV and he toppled over and hit his head on the carpet. He's fine, but it scared him a little bit. So, daddy built him a little 'pillow fort'. He loved it!
Watching my DVD in my pillow fort.
Does he look like a MAN here or what? All he needs is a remote control.
One evening, we had a little diaper blow out right before bath time, so he hung out in his diaper for a bit.
He spent some time in the office with daddy on the computer. Yes, my child is watching 'Beerfest'.
He LOVES his Baby Einstein DVD. We probably let him watch a little too much TV this week, but it was an extreme circumstance. We did what we had to do for mommy and daddy to get SOME work done!

2 comments:

  1. Mason is making the cutest expressions! Dee & I have gotten the biggest kick out of these pics! Gosh, we miss him so much! When are you & Chris gonna let him come spend the week with Mimi & Dee? I've got a toy room ready for him at the lake & at the farm...plus a bed, stroller, & lots of books! Just give me the OK, and we'll surely come get him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom and I just laughed and laughed. What an expressive little guy. We love having the blog to keep up with "happenings". Gigi will love this one when she sees it!

    ReplyDelete