Thursday, July 22, 2010

Slowly, but surely making progress

Mason keeps reminding us that he prefers to do things in his own sweet time. Maybe he takes after his Daddy (aka Pokey :-)? The 4 bottles per day proved to be a bit much over the weekend, so he was cut to 2 bottles on Monday. He did very well and was increased to 3 today. I'm not sure what changed, but his reflux seems much better the past few days. I hope I'm not jinxing it - I said that before and it came back with a vengeance. He continues to have a few apnea episodes, but they are very infrequent and he usually recovers on his own. I think he's also starting to recognize us. One night this week he was crying in his crib when we arrived (very rare for him) and he stopped immediately when he saw us.

I can't believe my baby is over 6 weeks old! Honestly, we didn't think he would be in the hospital this long. He is definitely teaching mom and dad some patience! For now, we'll continue working on his bottle feeding and try to keep the reflux and apnea under control. Here's a few pictures from the past week.

He still has to wear mittens all the time because he loves to pull on his feeding tube.
His hair is still looking a little bit red.
Daddy playing with Mason after his bottle.
Is that a smile?

And as always, there are more pictures on the picasa site: http://picasaweb.google.com/chenretty

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - I LOVE these pics! Are those smiles I see? I can see why patience is a challenge when you go to look at this little cute thing every day! Hopefully he can come home VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big! And he looks so alert in these pics...love that smile! I am so thankful you have been having some "good" days! Thank you, Lord! Mimi & Dee are really looking forward to our next visit! We are so proud of you and Chris! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete